Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Instrumentation – Ibese Plant (Cement)
Reference No.: IbesePlantInstrument006
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Employment Type: Full Time
- Execute and manage plant instrumentation to ensure the uninterrupted production activities under desired control parameters to achieve targeted production quantity and quality and execute the various improvement schemes within budgeted cost, quantity and timelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the availability of the control and instrumentation systems for the uninterrupted running of a section of the plant. Ensure the preventive maintenance schedules completed in time frame.
- Execute and manage control and instrumentation activities of expansion projects in their section with in budgeted cost and time lines. Execute and manage improvement schemes to upgrade quality and process parameters within the budgeted cost and time frame.
- Optimisation of the maintenance cost of control and instrumentation by proper monitoring and analysis of maintenance cost.
- Supervise instrument engineers in the execution of their duties to ensure adherence to established standards and procedures.
- Manage instrumentation maintenance within budget and schedule.
- Forecast requirements for instrument engineering resources and allocate those resources as required.
- Identify instrument software and new technology developments which could be applicable in providing more cost effective facilities and enable the instrumentation unit to function effectively and make recommendations to the Head, Instrumentation Maintenance as necessary.
- Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards and revise where applicable.
- Promote cost reduction and productivity enhancing initiatives.
- Technical supervision of designated instrument engineers and technicians in the execution of their duty.
- Ensure each shift meets documentation, reporting, and, follow up requirements as specified in the H&S program.
- Prepare weekly instrumentation progress and expenditure reports on a project specific basis.
- Responsible for engineering team’s personal safety and safe working practices for the unit. Understand, promote and follow OH&S procedures.
- Provide input for preparation of division/department capital and operating budgets and monitor annual expenditure budgets.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Instrumentation Maintenance.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Mechanical or Instrumentation / Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years job related experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge in the use and maintenance of instrumentation equipment.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Commitment to implemented safety and environment regulations
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training and Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online