Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Associate (West Africa)
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Business Development Manager, West West.
- The Business Development Associate will be responsible for identifying, building, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships across West Africa.
- The BD associate will generate new sales leads and contacts to help grow our business across West Africa.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Lead Generation: Data mine and qualify suitable partners, provide summaries of their businesses, and any required business information. With a focus on B2B sales.
- Pipeline Management: Maintain an active database of qualified leads and provide administrative support to the Business Development team.
- Prospect Meeting: Regularly have physical & virtual meetings with prospects for training, product demo, and onboarding across the West Africa region.
- Partner Onboarding: Effectively work with cross-functional teams to handle customer requests for effective coordination and onboarding of partners.
- Networking: Regularly network with industry colleagues and associations to help establish the brand in the region.
- Industry Updates: Stay abreast of industry trends, opportunities, and ongoing tenders in the West African region
- Proposals: Create effective client proposals and manage tender applications as required
The ideal candidate:
- Working experience in Business Development role of at least 3 – 4 years (post-NYSC)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Must be Fluent (expert level) in French, both written and verbal communication – this is a compulsory requirement.
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Possess Data Mining skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to solve problems and possess decision-making abilities.
- Planning and Organization skills.
- Open to Travelling (in and out of Nigeria).
- Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment, and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist!
- So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.