Ogeyi Place Hotels Limited – We are a leading 5-star international luxury hotel strategically located in the city of Port Harcourt and are currently seeking for employment dynamic, result-oriented and self-motivated candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports To: Head Chef
- Prepares food for clients.
- Helps devise new methods of cooking and new menu items
- Streamlines work from back of house to front of house.
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by law and company policy
- Prepares foods to the specifications of the client
- Prepares food before the arrival of guests
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
- Manages other employees in the kitchen
- Acts as liaison to front-of-house employees to ensure proper food service temperature
- Seasons food according to recipes or company needs
- Orders ingredients and spices as needed
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer
- Portions, arranges, and garnishes food based on client preference
- Assists other cooks during the food assembly process
- Devises new recipes
- Estimates expected food consumption and organises preparation
- Keeps records and accounts of food purchases
- Must have food safety knowledge
- Orders new menu items for specials or cheap deals
- Butchers and cooks animal meat based on the restaurant atmosphere
- Meets with customers to ensure a great meal experience
- Prepares any necessary sauces or accompaniments before meal service begins
- Stays open until the last customer leaves
- Offers a creative menu to compete with other local restaurants
- Cleans up after business hours
- Communicates with owner about how to improve meal service
- Alters dishes based on consumer suggestions or requirements.
Required Knowledge, Skills and & proficiencies
Cook Skills and Qualifications:
- Candidates should possess an OND / BA qualification
- Basic Computational Skills, Organizational Skills, Verbal Communication, Culinary Arts, Kitchen Equipment Knowledge, Butchering, Knowledge of International Cuisines, Creativity, Interpersonal Skills, Culinary Arts Training
- 4 years of experience in the Food and Beverage service is required. Customer service experience preferred, preferably in the hospitality section.
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2021.
How to apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Microsoft Word format to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.