Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer – Clinker Terminal (Cement Industry)
Ref ID: HSE Apapa-0001
Location: Onne, Rivers
Employment Type: Full time
Reports to the Operations In-charge, Terminal:
- Ensure that the DCP HSSE policy is understood and implemented at clinker terminal. Task include gypsum offloading/loading and pet coke offloading/loading at the Terminal
- Support clinker terminal operations with the implementation of HSE initiatives, HSE management system, and HSE programs.
- Conduct safety training and awareness programs in line with the DCP annual HSE goals and targets.
- Maintain all documents and records as per Nigerian Federal Laws relating to HSE about port operations.
- Inspection of plant and equipment is carried out for maintaining safe workplace.
- Ensure that environmental management initiatives, programs, procedures, trainings, work practices and controls are implemented and monitored for effectiveness and continual improvement.
- Manage regulatory compliance of GDNL operations (BPE/NPA, NIMASA, LASEPA, LAWMA and FME as applicable).
- Qualified as a H&S Practitioner by a National or Internationally recognized organization and/or hold a Diploma or a degree in engineering or environment or Science.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Very good knowledge/experience on Hazard Identification and Risk Assessments and control
- Very good knowledge on Fire Safety Management
- Good understanding of PTW system and RCA
- Understanding of Nigerian Federal Laws related to H&S
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office programs
- Good knowledge of H&S audits and inspection
- Understanding of typical plant operations/dynamics
- Experience in Port HSE or other heavy industry
- An understanding of HSE Management Systems.
- Initiative & drive
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability
- Team Player
- Communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft tools (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online