Met T&S is a company of Maire Tecnimont Group operating in various commercial businesses and supplying superior procurement, commissioning, management and maintenance services in the Oil & Gas, Chemical and Petrochemical sectors worldwide. Met T&S is located in LONDON, United Kingdom and is part of the Business Services Sector Industry. There are 88 companies in the MET T&S corporate family.
Maire Tecnimont S.p.A. announces that one of its subsidiaries, Tecnimont Nigeria Limited have been awarded a contract. Tecnimont Nigeria Limited is a reputable Oil and Gas company with experience in the provision of engineering, construction, and procurement services.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: HSE Supervisor, HSE
Reference: PIR 4239PHR00011
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type / Contract: TBD
Job Summary / Role Description
- He verifies and ensures that all Field activities are performed according to the HSE Policy, the regulations, standards and procedures, promoting all preventive and corrective action as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift, if possible coordinate with the project manager;
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field;
- Develop a Site Safety Management Plan (SMP) for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community;
- Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions;
- Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors, foremen and safety advisors;
- Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary;
- Ensure Safety Advisors are verifying field staff training and competencies;
- consult the project management team and Regional Safety Manager for compliance and action plan;
- Communicate, coach and assist the field staff to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- A relevant University Degree.
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma or Certificate would be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 year Health and Safety field experience
- Ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities.
Skills and Abilities:
- Fluent English;
- Excellent IT and analytical skills;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills. Self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution;
- Attention to detail, and the ability to read and draft blueprints (as-builts), negotiation / customer relation skills, strong communications and interpersonal skills, leadership skills.
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only spontaneous candidates will be considered for this position.
- The information submitted shall include:
- Expected salary (year, gross)
- Notice period (weeks)
- Email address of the candidate.