Job Title: Business Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Promote the company’s products / services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives
- Prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to law-established rules and guidelines
- Keep records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Identifying sales and services that would appeal to new clients
- Managing company and client expectations
- Reviewing time frames and budgets
- Creating sales pitches
- Executing sales objectives
- Managing client accounts
- Finding and following new sales leads
- Arranging business meetings and one-on-one conversations with prospective clients
- Attending networking events
- Negotiating sales contracts
- Preparing sales contracts; following company rules and guidelines
- Building trust and long-term relationships with clients/customers
- Managing records of sales, revenue, and other important data
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Cultivating positive interactions and relationships with sales representatives, team leaders and managers, and executives to evaluate sales strategy and results
- Motivating team members to exceed expected goals
- Developing ways to improve the customer experience and build brand loyalty
- Researching the market and industry trends
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Seek out the appropriate contact in an organization
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- Meet with customers / clients face to face or over the phone
- Foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
- Understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Work strategically – carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- Draw up client contracts – depending on the size of company, this task may be completed by someone else or agreements may not be as formal
- Have a good understanding of the businesses’ products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Ensure staff are on board throughout the organization, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
- Train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
- Liaise with the finance team, warehousing and logistics departments as appropriate
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates
- Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
- Help to plan sales campaigns
- Create a sales pipeline
- Negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
- Increase sales of the business
- Develop the business sales and marketing strategy.
Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or a related field
- Three to five years of previous experience in marketing and sales.
- Proven sales experience in a related product or service
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, and ability to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly and concisely
- Expert understanding of service and product, and ability to innovate new ways the product can serve customers
- Excellent organizational skills to meet goals and set priorities
- Innate drive to succeed and take initiative
- Strong organizational talents and ability to work under pressure and in new environments
- Proven sales track record
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- Proficiency in English
- Market knowledge
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Fluent communication in person, on the phone, and in email
- Abide by all non-compete / solicit agreements
- Must have the knowledge of Canon Printers
- Candidate must have the knowledge on productions machines
16th February, 2021.
Tenaui Africa Limited (Canon) is the leading supplier of Production Printers, Office Printing Equipment, Large format printers, photographic equipment & consumables, Mini Lab spare parts, accessories and other related photographic materials in Nigeria.
We are the leading supplier of New and Reconditioned Mini Labs in Singapore, Middle East and Africa and also supplying photographic equipment. As business to business partners with Canon, we represent them for Printing Solutions within Africa and Middle East.
We have a state-of-the-art showroom situated in Lagos and our presence is marked in major cities within Nigeria to support our customers in these cities and towns around.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Please no phone calls.