Job Title: Company Accountant
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Our client, a Nigeria centric Private-Debt and Equity Company with a focus on growing high potential Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) is looking for an outstanding Accountant, who is driven to consistently overachieve, to manage the financial and management account functions in the company.
- You will analyze everyday financial activities, pass the entries, prepare the reports, and subsequently provide advice and guidance to management on future financial plans.
- Prepare and provide financial and management accounting reports and interpret financial information to management while recommending further courses of action.
- Maintain and update accounting records and files
- Analyse budgets and create expense reports
- Examine tax policies and handle tax payments and returns
- Meet with clients to discuss confidential accounting issues
- Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger (e.g. by assets, liabilities and expenses)
- Reconcile bank statements
- Analyse transactions with internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct month-end and year-end closures
- Prepare documents for audits
- Advise clients on financial issues
- Apply new accounting policies and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Ensure timely, accurate consistent recording of all activities of the company in the books of accounts.
- Analyze revenues, costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the plans.
- Develop trends and projections for the company’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget. Forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual results.
- Liaise with external auditors and tax consultant and company secretary for prompt audit, resolution and filing of annual returns.
- Ensure all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
- The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives
- BA/BSc in Economics, Finance Accounting Engineering and or Mathematics., MSc is a plus
- Professional qualification such as ACCA/ACA/CFA/CPA is a must.
- Minimum of 2-4years of relevant experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates currently in similar roles within the financial services sector.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in accounting software
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel; very good with spreadsheets
- Good math skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Able to work with and support cross-functional teams
Catilas Resources Limited is an outsourcing and advisory services Company. Our focus is to help our clients leverage their core capabilities to optimize market opportunities.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Apply Here