Job Title: Lecturer
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role is responsible for coordinating Induction and Lectures for students throughout the session. This role will serve as mentor for students as well.
- Develop engaging and current case studies for students throughout the session, including choosing the reading material, creating assignments and arranging a syllabus.
- Develop curriculum for the courses.
- Coordinate external Lecturers for students throughout the session.
- Remain current in the field of study through regular research, attendance at conferences and publishing in peer-reviewed journals and similar places.
- Conduct office hours on a regular basis to provide time for students to come and talk with you about their grades, assignments and other issues.
- Develop and maintain students’ databases.
- Mentor students throughout the sessions, and assist them in their pursuit of their degree, such as providing academic and career advice.
- Review assignments and ensure that all students remain in compliance with the school’s/OTHM’s policy on academic integrity, including checking for any cheating and/or plagiarism.
- Develop strong relationships with colleagues within the department and throughout the institution for an enhanced learning environment that values interdisciplinary study.
- Participate in professional and collegiate organizations, including as a committee member, to remain abreast of all emerging developments.
Job Skills & Qualifications Required
- MBA in a relevant field
- 5-7 years’ experience lecturing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Power Point
- Experience of delivering high quality customer services, with the demonstration of a strong understanding of how to respond to differing stakeholders’ needs.
- Experience of developing good working relationships (e.g. partnerships) with colleagues from different parts of a company, showing understanding of the interdependencies that affect the work of other staff/teams in the organization.
- Must be able to develop curriculum based on school policy.
- A Female
- Active member of a relevant professional organization.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prioritise workloads in the face of conflicting demands, using own judgment to ensure the work is completed to time and deadline.
- Evidence of ability to provide a high level of all of the following: professional judgment, confidentiality, diplomacy, cultural awareness and sensitivity, when liaising with staff, students and other key stakeholders.
- The postholder must have an appreciation and general understanding of the Data Protection Act, Safeguarding legislation, the Equality Act and Codes of Ethics for confidentiality.
- The Ability to work within a team.
- Candidates should be self-starters, have energy and enthusiasm for education and an educational environment and be able to work with a wide range of people, often under pressure.
21st February, 2021.
BlueSlip invest / partner and grow international business in African market with a focus on west Africa. BlueSlip is also management consultancy firm, helping SME expand their operations and business. We provide varied management consultancy services for organisations.BlueSlip invest / partner and grow international business in African market with a focus on west Africa. BlueSlip is also management consultancy firm, helping SME expand their operations and business. We provide varied management consultancy services for organisations.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.