Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Tractor Operator, Packing Plant – Cement
Ref No: PackingPlant-Ibese-012
Location: Ibese, Ogun, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- We are searching for a trustworthy Tractor Driver to join our crew. As a Tractor Driver, your responsibilities will include driving tractors, completing maintenance duties, and moving material in and out of the Packing Plant. You will report to the Packing Plant Manager and should be comfortable working alone for long periods.
- You must have good concentration skills, excellent hand-eye coordination, detail-oriented, and demonstrate strength as well as active listening skills.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving and carrying out regular maintenance and repairs of tractors and other attachments.
- Performing inspections of tractors and attachments like trolley and buckets
- Using tractors to transport materials and pull or push packing plant equipment.
- Remaining alert while driving and servicing the tractor, and maintaining the appropriate speed limit at all times.
- Completing minor repairs on the tractor as at when necessary.
- Drive the company tractor, from one point to another in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Clean loading bay with tractor.
- Keep the tractor clean.
- Perform preventive and regular maintenance of the equipment allocated to operate.
- Load and unload materials from plant to instructed destination
- Take instruction from housekeeping supervisors and related superiors
- Report any break down to mechanical for immediate repairs.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings.
- Promote, execute and adhere to company safety policy.
Education and Work Experience:
- Trade Test I, II, III
- WASC/GCE/SSCE with minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Basic knowledge of cement production process
- In-depth knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online