Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- This role will support Plan International Nigeria Humanitarian response in Maiduguri to ensure warehouse activities are conduct in line with organisational and project objectives as well donor’s expectation and guidelines.
- The post holder will manage an array of warehouse activities including safeguarding of goods and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with Plan International warehouse and logistic guidelines.
Dimensions of the Role:
- The post holder will contribute to the effective warehouse operation in Maiduguri ensuring the interface between operations and programme team members.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to keep good record of items transactions in the warehouse, including receipt, storage and dispatching of all good and supplies.
- Coordinate the receipt/dispatch of goods, materials and consumables to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making.
- Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on items movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and Plan International standard procedures for items and goods handling and storage are strictly followed.
- Supervise preparation and/or prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols
- Scan delivered items and ensure quality and report damaged or missing inventory to supervisors
- Review on periodic basis warehouse/storage space availability, plan and implement new design layouts to support business needs and ensure cost-efficiency.
- Work in collaboration line, technical and matrix supervisors including partners in order to deliver aligned and coherent warehouse/store services.
- Supervise warehouse staff, to ensure high performance standards.
- Update computer inventory control records through performance of periodic physical inventory spot checks and reconciles with inventory records.
- Assist in determining proper inventory levels, ordering points, ordering quantities and provide cost information for budgeting purposes.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Admin & Logistics Specialist and other dotted line management.
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization
- Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Report to the Admin & Logistics Officer
- Provide support to Plan International Nigeria’s programme delivery
- Work with other members of the programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A Degree in Business/Public Administration or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role
- Relevant experience in warehouse management
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to carry strenuous warehouse duties of lifting heavy items
- Familiarity with commodity and material stock management procedures in either the humanitarian or development context
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Experience in use of SAP
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities.
Application Closing Date
13th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.