Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welder, Packing Plant
Ref No: PackingPlant-Ibese-011
Location: Ibese, Ogun State, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- Perform a variety of tasks pertaining to fabrication, installation, maintenance, repair and service of mechanical equipment, instruments and structures used within the plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the Shift Technicians to identify problematic equipment/machines in the plant and effect repairs promptly.
- Implement SOP’s for maintenance.
- Execute corrective maintenance on all assigned equipment/ machines in a timely manner.
- Assist to ensure safety precautions are observed and personal protection equipment are worn during repairs or scheduled maintenance.
- Take inventory of working tools weekly to ensure that it matches the original tool list provided.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
- Replace minor fixtures in the plant machines.
- Participate in plant safety, health and environmental programs.
- Cleaning of welding machine before being put into operation.
- Checking of the welding cables damaged joints, without insulation welding tongue condition, and earthling cable (earth).
- Check all the terminals and the power source.
- Switch on the machine and regulate it for a desirable purpose.
- Ensure that during welding PPE’s is used before starting to weld i.e, welding safety goggles, hand glove, welding helmet etc.
- Do not wear nylon or other synthetic materials as they can easily melt when contacted with sparks.
- Wear high cut shoes so that sparks will not fall inside them.
- Check for any inflammable material are kept away or remove from the surrounding during welding.
Education and Work Experience:
- Trade Test 1,2,3
- WASC / GCE / SSCE with minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Basic knowledge of cement production process
- In-depth knowledge of the cement packing machines/ functions and procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good relationship management skills
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online